Skip to main content

SlingshotBob DevBlog #3

 

Another few days passed and I'm up with some more updated on the game! I'm turning like a squirrel in a wheel. 😅 So... what's new?

Added springs

Springs in action (camera is off because of impact camera shake effect.)

The game has springs now! These little "helpers" will shoot you off-course without hesitation. However, there are levels that actually utilize these springs to complete the level. Springs have animation an configurable spring strength, so each can be different! The animation turned out quite good, in my opinion. See it below.

 
 
 

Start menu background

Start menu now has a background. To reduce the distraction, it is tinted pretty hard, however, you can still see the action if you try hard enough. 😁

 
 

New levels

Two new levels were added to the game - What's The Sequence and The Stalactite Solution. The former has unlimited moves, however it requires solving a puzzle. The latter is more about precision shooting. What's The Sequence level is a bit on the harder side and has a starting condition randomizer. This is good and bad at the same time. However, players ,who tested the level, seemed to be satisfied with it. Here's a sneek peek at both of them:

 

Changes for DevBlog frequency

Currently, there are DevBlog posts every day or every other day. Because these are written pretty much the same day bunch of updates are released, they go live fairly late (around 9pm GMT).

I've decided to post DevBlogs every monday. These will be written down on Sundays and posted on Mondays. This way there's always predetermined date and time for a new blog post and more content to show. Plus, having that extra time for polishing might increase the overall quality of the post.

Thank you for reading

Thank you all for reading! ❤

If you have any ideas or suggestions for the game, feel free to drop a comment below the post or write a message on Facebook Page!

Have a nice day! 👋😉

Tomeetis out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slingshot Bob's world is now breakable.

Sketches for new levels Today I was focusing on making some more levels (you can never have too much of them!).   I've managed to sketch few of them. It is insane how difficult it is to come up with ideas to make those static worlds somewhat interesting!.. While doing that, I thought "why not implement destructible world objects? That seems fun!". And I  merrily went on doing that. This, at first glance easy, feature took WHOLE DAY . Figuring out physics behind reversing velocity after collision with an object is not as easy as I thought. I'm glad it's a 2D game (imagine doing this for a 3D 😐), otherwise it would have taken whole week. 🙃   So... how does it look? You can break simple boxes while your size is normal (yep, size can be changed with power-ups! 😋). However, there's iron blocks, which can only be destroyed while your size is doubled. Being bigger means carrying more mass, thus making greater impact on the world (note the camera shake). Why not ha

What is this ???

The time has come! Tomeetis is finally starting to see the bright light of the day! I've been developing games in my cave for few years already. Time to let people know! Who are you? I'm a young game developer from Lithuania . Don't know what or where Lithuania is? Well, here's a quick link from Wikipedia (you're welcome): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuania I love playing games, more so I love developing them. As of writing this article, I am working on a game called Slingshot Bob . I promise there will be quite a decent amount of development posts about it. What is going to be posted here? This is where I will post all my coding adventures as well as DevBlogs for my games. It is planned to be central hub for updates of my work (until different options are more feasible). Most of the posts are not going to be 1000 words essays, just a quick updates with some screenshots. I propagate quick reads. However, it is impossible to make good tutorial with only few word

Slingshot Bob DevBlog #4

Another week has passed. And we are getting closer and closer to game's release! This week had some sweet updates, however, part of them were described in  previous DevBlog . Apart from that, few other  visible (and many invisible) changes were done. So, let's get started! 😎   Attributes upgrades menu redesign Before, there was fixed amount of upgrades I could fit in the menu. Four different attributes, to be precise. As more than four attributes are planned for the final game, I had to do something about it. So, I've made the menu scroll-able (kind of): Redesigned upgrades menu Clicking left and right arrows allows scrolling through all the available attributes. Currently, there are only three fully integrated attributes, so only those three are shown. For further reference, these are the names for upcoming attributes to be added: Shots Expert The Projector Eagle Vision   Attribute description I let some people to play the game. One of the most common questions was "